Sunday, March 22, 2015

Introducing the Little One


Dear friends,

I love sewing and I love blogging. I also love sleeping at night. Unfortunately, I learned in the last few months that combining the all with a pregnancy or young baby is very very hard !

I must confess that I have been a bad blogger, both on QuirkyPrettyCute and on the CSC. The last trimester has been incredibly hard to combine with work, and the first two month of my little boy's life have been a a mix of joy, discovery and sleep deprivation.

Meet our little Oscar ! He was born on Jan 16th. He is doing great and is filling our lives with so much happiness ! I may be biased but I think that he looks like the most beautiful smiling baby in the world !

Tee made with leftover bits of fabrics! Yeay for holding on to scraps!


Now, let's come back to sewing ! I have a backlog of unblogged little things. Maternity clothing and baby clothing. I even have a couple of nursing items. I am not sure about when I will find the time to write though. Indeed, in the last few months, I had to chose between sewing or writing about sewing. Until now, I have mostly been attracted to the quick fixes of small projects. Little things I found easy are now a thing of the past :
  • getting all dressed up and apply make up on before taking photos
  • actually shooting the photos
  • processing the said photos
  • researching documentation or links
  • drafting a post

But there is hope ! Oscar is now starting to sleep more regularly and play by himself, giving a few 30-60 minutes breaks a day when he power naps. We are usually going for a walk during his longer naps. That means that I can start typing things more often.

Sewing mums, I would love it if you could send me tips ! When do you sew ? When do you blog ? Do you sew for your little one ?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats and welcome to motherhood ;-) I have followed your blog for a while and like what you make. I didn´t really find the time or energy to sew when my children were babies. In a way I regret it because it would have been fun making baby clothes but on the other hand I´m happy I chose to spend as much time as I could beeing really close to my newborns those first precious months. Lovely little boy you have got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I sew mostly in the evening, when my boy sleeps. Its always a fight between housework, "work" work (especiall when he is sick and I can't work regular hours), my husband, my friends and my hobbies. Normally it ends with too few hours of sleep for me - but I need some creative output, otherwise it will drive me insane.

    Hang in there, it will get better over time (or at least different).

    RinaL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cutie! When my kids were born I temporarily changed from sewing for myself to sewing baby clothes. Small items, no muslins, no fitting issues, might be just what you need to still be able to sew during tiny time frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the little one x can't advise re balance as haven't figured it out myself yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I found your blog while you were on your little break and I'm reading through the posts. I don't have kids yet, but i am living vicariously through my best friend's little boy :) I sewed him his first Halloween costume as the Hero of Time, Link, and I can't wait to start making baby stuff for my own kids in "someday" hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naw. Congratulations. He shares my little mans birthday, just a year later :D
    I still sew for both of us, mostly once hes in bed or if my husband is home, and increasingly in his longer day time nap. I have to admit, blogging fell off the bottom of my priority list. I now mostly instagram, as micro blogging I guess. I can still share and interact, but in an amount of time I can spare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! He looks adorable, such a cutie! Indeed, welcome to motherhood... Since Sophie is in my life somehow mascara isn't a big thing... I sew when she's asleep, I blog mostly in the evening or when she is playing. And sometimes I sew for her, but she grows so fast and if you compare the price of fabric with the price of clothes at H&M, Zeeman and Primark it's (I'm quite ashamed...) an easy choice... Hello Primark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray!! Oscar is really quirky, pretty and cute,.. ahhh so cute. You are juggling with time as all parents do. We missed you in your blog as well as CSC and I hope you find time to share the sewing adventures with us.
    Cuddle for Oscar and a cuddle for you, mum Laurence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations ! I am glad you are back....

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! He is adorable and absolutely perfect! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails