Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas presents!

Hello!

I can now show pictures of one of the Christmas presents! Yeay! This is the dress that I have made for my mum. It is based on a Burdastyle pattern from the November 2010 edition. It is a plus size pattern and it was one of my favorites of that month! It has a few large pleats on the front and two on the back. It also has a gorgeous sweetheart neckline!



For my mum, I have cut the size 52 on top and 54 around the hips. She likes color, so I went for a seventies kind of psychedelic knit fabric. It has circles in red, orange, fuchsia, white and black. The pattern was very straightforward but I found it a bit annoying to sew pleats with the knit that was sliding between my fingers... Here is the result!

Tadaaaaaaaa!

Sweetheart neckline

The front pleats made everything flow so nicely!

Bias at the sleeves bottom

The back with two pleats

Said back pleat...


My mum opened her present on the 24th and she wore the dress on the 25th when my godfather came over. She was very happy and at ease in the dress, which is very important as she is a teacher for young children and she needs to move easily. I am pretty happy with the result! We tried to snap pictures in the evening when my godfather was there, and I realized that I only have the top ;)




I'll blog more later ;)

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Your mother must be really happy with her new dress - it's very beautiful, and looks so comfy! Love the print :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurwyn,
    the dress for your mom came out great, it looks beautiful and comfy and the colour suits her so well! I hope you got some nice christmas presents as well! I wish you a happy new year with many good new (not only for sewing) experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails