Monday, August 16, 2010

My first "Haul" ever!

I am happy happy happy!

I received an early birthday present from my (hopefully future) in-laws. It was a voucher! After many thoughts, I decided to use it for Vogue patterns. SAY WHAAAT? Yes Mister or Miss! Vogue patterns! For the first time ever, I am going to have some! See, usually, my problem is the following: I live in Europe, and it costs 20 USD to ship 1, 2 or 3 patterns, and I think this is absolutely too expensive as Vogue patterns are not the cheapest thing in the world either... BUT this time, they had clearance sales on some of my faves and the shipping costs didn't seem that high anymore! All in all, 28 Euros! I am introducing you to my soon to be new babies!!!

1. Misses' Top And Skirt from Rebecca Taylor
I love the Top and it is going to be in my winter wardrobe. I do ot know in which color yet, but it will! I also think that the skirt is nice, look at the waist detail at the back!
 

2. Misses' Dress from Tracy Reese
Look at that back! And look at that front! lol... The a-line of the skirt is going to be so flattering, and the V-neck also! Front ruffles, pleats, exposed darts, what else do you need? I will use a funkier fabric... I cannot wait!


3. Misses' Jacket, Top, Dress, Skirt And Pants (a Vogue wardrobe)
You get all these bits for less than 5 euros! I fell in love with the back of the jacket! So Victorian! The T-shirt looks like a nice and simple basic too. I want to try the skirt, but a little shorter, or longer... I really like the leg of these pants. Maybe these will fit, and will stop that malediction of the pants I have had over my head for a while!


Some of you know that my second hobby is books! And, yes, you can pair my two passions: books+sewing=love forever! I have found a cheap version of the 1978 edition of the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing. I have read a lot of good things about it. I cannot wait!!! It is in the mail at the moment!



My last "Haul" item is a pattern I got on Etsy for almost nothing. It is a Men Three Pieces Suit pattern from 1975. I feel like spoiling a special someone, one of these days...


I have just realized that I am being very ambitious... Those patterns, plus the Burda ones, plus the Ottobre magazine I plan on purchasing.... Oh well, CARPE DIEM!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I got the new ottobre version today (no subscription so it is in stores now) an I think it's real nice, so watch out!

    My mom has this same reader's digest book (only hers is the dutch translation), there are some realy neat sewing room solutions in there (most made with systems not longer available but they are so nice to drool over ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it too! I am going in the center today and I wish I'll find it! They have a very nice "sporty" feature, and I want to try those out!
    I have already used my Readers Digest so much in a few weeks... I was very surprise of its quality!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails